Head Start is a federally funded preschool program for children. Children participate in learning activities, social development and problem-solving. We offer the Head Start program at Campbell Hill Elementary and Meadow Crest Early Learning Center. The program offers the following services:
- Education: Our Head Start preschool program offers classes Monday-Friday. Full Day students attend 7 hours M-Th from 9:15am-4:15pm and 5 hours every other Friday from 11:15am-4:15pm. Full day students are given breakfast, lunch and snack. Half day classes attend 3.5 hours M-Th. AM Session is from 9:15am-12:45pm and the PM Session is from 12:45pm-4:15pm. Half Day students in the AM session receive Breakfast and Lunch and the PM session receives Lunch and a snack.
- Family support services: resource information, emergency assistance & referrals to community agencies. Staff works with families to identify and address needs or goals.
- Health/Nutrition: health screenings for children and referrals for family’s to obtain medical, dental, and nutritional services.
- Parent involvement: many opportunities are offered to families, volunteering and training opportunities
- Transportation: Head Start classrooms are at Campbell Hill Elementary and Meadow Crest Early Learning Center. Head Start children are transported within the school district to and from cluster bus stops and community daycare providers by Renton School District buses.
Direct email: MeadowCrest.Headstart.ECEAP@rentonschools.us
For a child to participate in Head Start families must meet the following criteria:
- Income: families must meet income eligibility requirements to qualify for the Head Start program.
- Age: children who are 4-years old by August 31, have enrollment priority over 3-year olds.
- Address: families must live within the Renton School District boundaries
- Copy of your child’s complete Immunization Records
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
How to Apply
If you are interested in submitting an application for your child to enter the Head Start Program, Please call (425) 204-2500 for more information.
Senaida Megow (Habla Español)
Ayuda para interpretar los mensajes entre la escuela la casa:
Llame al 425-204-2299 y deje su mensaje